Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fit in 2015

This is MY year to get healthy.

Since having my little Ridge cake boy, and NOT losing weight, I've heard people say "Oh you just had a baby! You're looking great!" Well thanks!! And I mean it. But then I think "just had a baby!" "JUST?" No! I didn't JUST have a baby. That was 8 months ago!!! That's almost as long as he was in and he has been out now. Holy Molly. And while I love getting the compliments, it's just hard looking in the mirror and having those nice things stick. Ya know?

And having this little baby has been such a blessing. It has helped me in so many ways. Now he is starting to eat solids!!! It is SO EXCITING! But even though I have little bouts of eating healthy, I haven't really kept up with it. I'm the only one eating what I make because Tyler works such weird shifts at the station that it's hard to plan on him. I went to visit my sister in Flaggy Staff and, with her cute babe of a girl being only 3 weeks older than my guy, I got to see what she was feeding her little girl. She was feeding her whatever she made that day. Breakfast was eggs and avocados. Lunch was little finger foods and mixes of what she had been eating. Dinner was literally WHATEVER she made. Taco salad with ground turkey, black beans, etc. Spaghetti and meatballs. Anything. And while there, she fed Ridge some eggs, and avocados, and ground turkey. It was amazing. He LOVED it. She told me it was so easy now and it forces her to eat healthy.

I decided that I would adopt this into my life. I had been working out, but eating was just too much.

Let me just say... Eating and preparing food is so fun now. I wake up when he does and I nurse him (he's kind of a crank pants when he doesn't have food in his belly after a long bedtime sleep, you would be too!). Then I make breaky-fast! Eggs and avocado. Then for lunch (I got some NICE deli meat) I make a sandwich and give him some pieces of meat and little finger foods (Goldfishes and little pieces of string cheese). Dinner is whatever is on the menu. The other day I made fried chicken, green peas, baked potatoes, and gravy. I didn't eat the chicken (I've had a problem eating chicken and it only worsened while pregnant). Tonight I had taco salad. The day before fried chicken, baked potatoes with some yummy, healthy toppings.

Anyways, the point is, eating is so much fun now. It is so cute feeding Ridge and he dances and makes MmmMmm sounds! Awww!  What a cutie. It has really helped me!

Oh! And on InstaGram (IG), I post a couple photos every now and then of my journey (my workouts and motivation) and people have been so supportive. That has been an inspiration as well as following people on a similar journey!

So! Thank you! Thank you for supporting me and continuing on with my journey. I will have ups and downs. But I will conquer those. This is MY year! And it will be amazing.
_______________________________________________________________________
Recipe for my Fried Chicken (because Tyler ALWAYS requests this. And it's better than getting some fast fried food)

Fried Chicken batter:
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Paprika
2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Onion Powder
3 Tbsp. Parsley Flakes

To frozen/thawed chicken add 2 Tbsp. of Salt during the day before cooking.
Remove Skin (I don't remove the skin anymore, because like I said above, I have a problem with chicken).

Cover bottom of pan with oil (I use olive oil and veggie oil, depends on what I grab first) and warm pan. Roll chicken in batter, there will only be a lite layer. Set in pan with oil and cook. Cover and cook on low for 20 min. Flip chicken and cook another 10 min.

I make gravy out of the pan drippings.

I also usually have leftovers. So I get a baking pan and put some of the extra gravy on the bottom of the pan, put the left over chicken in and cover with foil. Then when I'm ready to eat the leftovers, I just pop that pan into the oven to warm up and kind of crisp the chicken up.

Have fun making!





1 comment:

  1. Your recipe sounds really good. thanx and hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete