Monday, January 19, 2015

Visits and skipping work outs

So... This past Friday, Tyler and I went to Show Low to visit family and friends. The morning before we went to go, I decided I would get a little work out in. It was nice to get a little (A LOT actually! I'm a beast) sweat in!! Then we headed up to Show Low. Spent the day and came back down.

Then Saturday came around. I didn't work out first thing like normal. And honestly, I just didn't want to work out. Therefore, I didn't! It felt great. But then Sunday came (day of rest) and I didn't work out again. I never work out on Sunday. However, the fact that I didn't work out two days in a row and wasn't able to rip a little tab on my work out list off, was disappointing.

Monday morning came (TODAY!). And after not working out for two days, it was a lot harder to get started when skipping a work out. I was motivated to get up and get moving. I did my T25 work out and felt great. I was so happy.

Let's move  on to talking about snacks. I love chips!!!! Sweets aren't really a temptation for me. Yeah I sure love some ice cream and cookies. But give me chips and ice cream and those chips will be devoured in such a short amount of time. Like a T-rex eating, well anything! Since changing my lifestyle and relationship with food, I have been doing a lots less snacking on unhealthy and processed items and more eating fruits and veggies. It just so happens though that if you don't go grocery shopping, you run out of things. So I was eating some more chips. And yes, ice cream too. I'm not going to cut those out of my life. Just not eat them all day every day! Tyler and I decided to go spend some money on some yummy veggies and fruits. It's been great eating some celery and carrots with some ranch (heck yeah I said that)!!! And although they aren't my favorite chips (Salsa Verde), they are satisfying and delicious! More importantly is I don't feel awful and guilty after eating them.

And because Tyler loves me making dinner, he's been doing the dishes more! SCORE!!! Men doing dishes is the greatest! Well anyone doing my dishes would be heavenly as long as it's not me;) haha!

I've made a couple things this week as well. I'll give you a run down then a recipe to try!
I have had:
Taco Salad with DEER meat!
One pot wonder meal with pasta, sausage and peas.
Sandwiches
Mexican food and deliciousness from Licano's in Show Low, AZ (TRY THAT PLACE!).
And just fruits and veggies.

So now a recipe.
The other day I wanted something simple and something that didn't make a lot of dishes. So I made up a recipe that could use just one pot (I have a BIG skillet with a lid courtesy of Paula Deen)!

ONE POT WONDER MEAL!
What you'll need:
Pasta of some sort. I used whole wheat rototini pasta, a whole box.
2 cans of Chicken Broth
3 (or more depending on how much meat you want) spicier sausage links
Frozen peas (about half a bag)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
Salt and Pepper to taste
bout half a white onion
Shredded Colby Jack cheese and Parmesan Cheese (optional)

How I cooked it:
Heat your pan with the Olive Oil and put the sausage in to start to brown. (I took mine out of the casing because I couldn't cut them in nice slices.) When you start getting a nice color on the meat, put the onions in to start to caramelize. When the onions are translucent, put the can of tomatoes and chicken broth in the pot. Stir to incorporate the flavor. Put the pasta in and make sure all pasta is covered by the liquid. Bring to boil. Once boiled, put lid on and let simmer until pasta is tender. Add the frozen peas, put lid back on and let them warm/cook a bit. (I like the fact that the peas had a bit of a crunch.) Put some yummy cheese on and let it get all bubbly. You don't have to add, but it made it so great. Then serve.

I will say that this had a little bit of a kick. I didn't realize that my sausages were pretty spicy, and on top of the can of tomatoes with green chilies, it had a definite kick. But I was ok with that.

Well. Give it a try if you want. See ya next time!

1 comment: