Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Holidays.

Well everyone! The holidays are nearly over and I've been slacking. Though in real life, I've been having a BLAST! Sort of. I've been jogging/walking almost every day. And I've been trying to eat right. But you know what. I've been stuck.
In a rut.
I've not been losing any weight. I'm just bouncing between 180 and 185 lbs. Geez!

And it's been discouraging.

Well, I had a bit of a scare. (Though I may have been prego again, YIKES!)

I'm not! And though it would've been great, it's also great that i'm not. Because before I have another little spawn, I want to be in shape.

I was nervous, because I'm nursing and felt like if I worked out really hard, I would lose my supply. Thankfully I have awesome sisters who reassured me that I would be ok.

So I've started a new regime. It's getting REALLY cold outside and so I've been getting pretty limited in the time for outside activity. I have a workout DVD set (Hip Hop ABS, one of  Shaun T's!) and have been doing that in the mornings. It's great because I can now be up and ready. Have worked out and started my day. After a week of doing just this, I plan to add in another workout DVD (T25) to my routine.

I'm also going to bed before 9. I've got Ridge (my 8 month old baby boy) on a schedule of having him in bed and asleep by 7:30. Then I've been on a terrible habit of not taking that to my advantage, but staying up until midnight, and sometimes later! That'd be no problem if I didn't have an early riser. So far, I've just been tried as I'm adjusting to this. But I know that in just a couple of days, I'll have a ton of energy. Which is when I will add more to my work out schedule.

What I'm also going to do, is after my morning work out, I will wait a few hours and go on a walk. I feel you can never do too much. Until you do TOO much! haha! Tyler is on a new schedule at work and since he gets off late and doesn't get to spend a lot of time with Ridge, we decided that after he would wake up, we would all go on a family walk. Then we are getting out as a family and it will be later, therefore warmer.

Plus if we start walking outside everyday, my asthmatic lungs will adjust to the higher elevation and then we will be able to go hiking!

Hiking?! Yeah! That's right! Hiking.

But I guess you would question that because you don't know my eventual goals.

So I'll share them with you. And the reason why.

The reason why:
I have a little boy now. Though he can't walk, yet, he is SUPER active. And my husband is super active. I want my kids to be active too. But how can they all be active if i'm sitting on the couch eating potatoe chips. Well I guess they could be, but then they'd be like "Oh! There's my mom! Not sharing her chips and just watching TV, when she could be playing with me!"
I want to get active and remain active NOW so that when my little (and future littles) all walking and wanting to go hiking and running and swimming and whatever the heck else, I can KEEP UP! And not only KEEP up, but be right there with them. ACTIVEly participating.

The goals:
I want to reach a weight I haven't seen in a long time. 130 pounds is the game I want! I want to be able to hike. I literally can't even hike all of Cambleback Mountain. It's ONE MILE! ONE! I want to chase my little boy all over and not get out of breath. I want to run and jump and swim.

So there you have it. My goals. My reason.

Now you can judge all you want. "She can't even jog a 1/4 mile without hacking up a lung?!" Nope!
I really don't care what you think.
This is for me! To be a better mommy and wifey! So enjoy my journey! Because I'm on my way to looking FINE again!!! hahahaha!



Alrighty!!! Oh! And a recipe! Because you know... I promised some!
I was delightfully introduced to this yummy, easy dinner through Facebook. It tastes like a Mexican Chile Relleno! Mmmm!

In a Crockpot combine:
1 block of Cream Cheese
1 can of green chilles
1 can of Cream of Mushroom
1 can of Cream of Chicken
However many chicken breasts you want (I put in three)

Leave in crock pot for a few hours. Then serve over rice or noodles or whatever you like.

It was so easy and yummy. It has definitely made my repeat recipe list!

BYE!

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much. i enjoyed reading about your journey. love to all. mce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I need to lose some weight too! We can be non-couch potatoes together! (You know, if I can get my butt off the couch... it's so comfy.)

    ReplyDelete