Thursday, September 11, 2014

M & M

Moderation and Motivation

Two key things that need to be in my lifestyle now. 

Motivation:
I was up late one night talking to my husband about getting fit and staying on track. I was complaining that I use to be so much better at keeping my life, health, and work outs up to par. He said I just need to commit. However, it is hard to commit when you are motivated. I asked what could keep me motivated. We went back and forth on ideas like posters, rewards, and such. Really it came down to all that stuff that's inside you to stay motivated. You can't just say that you want to do something, then never stick to it. And you can't really stay motivated when you make silly things like posters, or rewards. At least for me. Because what happens when you run out of room on the poster or you run out of money or ideas for the rewards.

And that's where I was left. Looking in to self motivate. And the need to commit. But also having a little play room is healthy as well. 
All things in moderation.

Moderation:
I talked about getting healthy. And let me clear the air. I'm not going to be going crazy with only buying health nut stuff. But what I AM going to do is make more meals. I am a stay at home mom for crying out loud! 
So again, I say all things in moderation. I can't just CUT out sugar in my life (do you KNOW me?!)! But what I can do is not eat that entire box of oreos, chips, or loft house cookies. I will treat myself to one thing. May it be a square of that dark chocolate bar I just bought, a few chips, or ONE cookie treat. Moderation. I'm going to make my meals instead of going out to eat at a fast food restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I will still eat out. Everyday? Forget it. Try only on date nights or on fun adventures. And I will even get the "healthy" option on the menus.  

One thing I am going to just cut out is SODA!!!! Are you kidding me! Carbination! 
In high school, I decided to cut soda out of my life for one year. One year. It could be done. And I did. 
Guess what?! I dropped 20 POUNDS!!! TWENTY! 
Now I have a soda addict for a partner, but honestly I can do it. Moderation my eye for soda. This is all about commitment. 

Alrighty. Well that's my little gab about this past weeks going ons. 

Want a recipe? My Aunt said this is like the BEST and TASTIEST bread ever! So I will share with you and we can try it out and discuss our success rates next week. And sorry for being late with the post. Been a crazy week.

Bread recipe of goodness:
Mix together:
7 cups flour
5 cups hot water
 
Add:
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup oil
1/2 tbsp salt
 
Mix.  
Then add:
4 level Tbsp instant yeast
 
Mix.  
Then add:
About 6 cups flour (a couple cups at a time) until right consistency.  Knead for 3-5 minutes in bread mixer or roll out on floured surface and knead by hand.
 
Divide into 4 med/large loaves or 5 small loaves.
Put in greased pans.  Let raise about 30 minutes or until ready.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Leave in pans to cool for about 10 min. before turning out onto cookie racks to finish cooling.



Let's try this baby out and see how tasty it really is. Because just by the looks of it, I already want to eat it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment